Saturday, July 7, 2012

Days of back and forth

Stuck between Roncesvalle and Pamplona....the Pyrenees trapped us. While Ales arrived by 4pm on thu. 4, I have carried on with just the glider on my back towards Pamplona in order to wait out if he can fly from Roncesvalle. Unfortunately I missed the right path and followed on road 1720 towards Arries. My left leg hurt a lot ()the reason not to carry the motor anymore and,anyway, I will only carry it on short stretches again...it does overexhaust us too much).
I did not use my tracking logger due to failure. At Pamplona shopping centre after 6 hrs of fast walk I gave up and got brought back to Zubiri by Leo after hitchhiking. (Thanx, Leo from Buenos Aires!)
I spent the night at the Pilgrim Hostel (never again: they stole my watch the other morning and you can hardly sleep in a room with 30 dormitories and NO window open!!!!). and on fri 5 I moved again towards Pamplona following the pilgrim path while Ales had an engine problem at Roncesvalle (some parts caught humidity and had to be cleaned dry). I reached desperately the shopping centre at the entrance of Pamplona and bought us 4 spanish SIM cards and then waited out for Werner to pick me up and bring me back (!!!) to Roncesvalle into a stormy wind.
In the evening of day 5,july we waited until 22h for a launch attempt with Ales fixed engine. He took off and got into very bumpy air. Avoiding collapse he landed back in after a turn.





Now 9h morning sat 6 Ales is walking since 3am with the paramotor in order to find a launchable spot closer to Pamplona. We are getting ready slwoly and I have a rest day for my leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment