Sunday, July 8, 2012

Walk & Fly & Roll across Pamplona

By afternoon on sat july,7 Ales had walked most of the way from Roncesvalle downwards to Zubiri, using his mini-roller for descent.
We wer watching him.
No flyable conditions and we finally spent the night at Zubiri. Also to discuss our further team preparations.
The morning of sunday,8, Ales wanted to launch fromn the road at km 17. We helped him holding traffic back for ten minutes. Ales eventually got airborn and had a bumpy flight 189 kms away towards west of Pamplona.

Werner brought me to my last position from where I started walking my equipment across Pamplona. The city was under control of the San Firmin Party and full of people in white clothes with red scarfs.

I reached Cizur Minor and the San Juan hostel by 13h in fast rush with bad legs. Werner joined me shortly later.
With Ales and Hanka we finally met at 18h on the other side at Arre to discuss mondays plan.



Ales and I would launch together and fly around the CTR to Estrella. Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment