Monday, July 9, 2012

Rollercoaster to Puente La Reina

We camped in the fields near Arre, which means that I was brought back again from my advanced psotion at Cizur Menor. Very little sleep and hectic preparations. I launched at 6h45 in my second attempt with Ales helping. Got straight west and climbed to 1050 mts asl. and approached puerto del Perdon, the last limit of the Pamplona valley feeling the sensation of being pushed by strong wind. (during my launch I had none!).
Crossing the saddle just above the road tunnel with strong turbulences and my first motorglider collapse which I recovered with little loss of height. I decided to approach Puente la Reina and saw the trees shaken by the wind. I landed safely 1km from the Hotel Restaurant Jakue, very nice place,also albegrue for Pilgrims and excellent buffet.
Ales had several attempst and got finally airborne but had to land shortly afterwards for emergency. He is waiting now for flight conditions to catch up with me. We hope for tuesday early. The wind is still blowing (at 22h 30!).
I have no pics to add - unfortunately - they are shot by Weerner but will be posted later or in the other blog in Facebook "Pilgrim Flight to Conpostela".
I say good night to all who follow our trace. I am 135 kms from the beginning with mostly walking. Lets hope we have better days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment